Join the Junior League of Sarasota!
Applications for the 2020-2021 New Member Class are now being accepted! Please submit your application by August 8th, 2020.
- Pay full $200 New Member dues
- For those requesting financial scholarship, pay $43 dues
- The Junior League of Sarasota wishes to offer financial options that will be inclusive of new and existing members. We feel everyone that meets the requirements for new membership or continued membership deserves this opportunity, regardless of their financial situation. New members may apply separately for a dues scholarship of $157 at the time they submit their new member application. Submission of an application does not guarantee assistance. Those who are approved will be required to pay the $43 portion of dues we send to AJLI. You will be notified on or before August 18th if approved. In the unlikely event your dues scholarship application is not approved, and you are not able to pay the full amount for membership dues, you will be refunded the $43 portion of dues paid.
- Fill out the application for financial assistance here
Why should I join the Junior League of Sarasota?
Junior League members have a wide range of volunteer opportunities throughout the League year, as we work with other non-profit organizations to improve the lives of those in our community. Part of the JLS mission is to train our members, and some of those learning opportunities include leadership, project management, fundraising, budgeting and strategic planning. We also provide numerous social outings, allowing members to network and meet new friends.
2020-2021 New Member Class FAQ
When does the New Member class start?
Our League year begins September 2020 and finishes April 2021. The first New Member meetings will be September 2020. All following New Member Meetings will be the 1st Tuesday of the month. The League’s first General Membership Meeting is the third Tuesday in September.
What is the process to join the Junior League of Sarasota?
1. Attend a Membership Outreach Open House
We highly recommend all prospective members attend one Meet & Greet event, so that you can learn about the benefits of joining the Junior League of Sarasota and understand what is required. WE will also open some of our summer social events. We will send out emails and list events on our public Facebook page found here
2. Complete a Membership Application
Membership Applications for the upcoming New Member class will be on our website and will open in July 2020 and will close when capacity is reached or Friday August 7, 2020 whichever comes first. Qualified applicants will be admitted on a first apply, first in basis.
3. New Member Class Notifications Will Be Sent
Once we have reviewed and approved qualified applicants, we will notify applicants of their acceptance status at the beginning of August 2020. Although we wish we could accept an unlimited number of New Members for our 2020-2021 New Member Class, in order to give New Members the most enjoyable, educational, and rewarding experience, we can only accept a limited number of New Members.
4. Approved New Member Payment
Payment of Course Fees and Dues must be paid within 24 hours of acceptance notification. Your application will not be complete and your space in the New Member class will not be reserved until payment has been received. After 24 hours, your space will open to the next interested member. Financial assistance may be available. Please indicate your interest in financial assistance at the end of the application.