Eligibility for Membership
To be eligible to join, a prospective member must:
• Be over 21 years of age at the time of application
• Possess an interest in voluntarism, a commitment to community service, and an interest in developing her potential.
• Submit an application between July 28, 2018– August 8, 2018
• Read and understand membership requirements below
• Reside in Sarasota or neighboring county
New Member Requirements
Once accepted into the New Member Class, members must complete various requirements unless otherwise excused. Upon successful completion of these requirements between September 2018 and April 2019, the member will be approved into Active membership. The following is an overview of the New Member requirements. Requirements are subject to change.
• Pay annual dues and course fee of $190 within 24 hours of notification of acceptance.
• Participate in the New Member Trolley Tour of Junior League of Sarasota contributions.
• Complete 8 JLS volunteer hours.
• Attend all General Membership Meetings from September 2018 through April 2019. Meetings fall on the third Tuesday evening of the month, unless otherwise announced.
• Attend monthly New Member Class meetings, which fall on the second Tuesday of each month, unless otherwise announced.
• Participate in planning and completion of New Member project.
Active Membership Requirements
Once you have completed all of your New Member requirements and are approved to become an Active Member of the Junior League of Sarasota, you will be responsible for fulfilling the requirements below.
• Attend at least 3 General Membership meetings (September through April).
• Payment of annual dues of $150 on or before April 1, 2019.
• Payment of annual Fundraising Package of $75 on or before the first General Membership meeting in September.
• Serve on a committee, board, or leadership team.
• Complete 12 JLS volunteer shift hours.
The Junior League of Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion or national origin, and reaches out to women of all races, creeds, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism.